NCF Beta Testing Group consists of members willing to assist Office Staff in testing proposed changes in a controlled environment before rolling it out to all members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Beta Testing Group or if you have any questions.
- Participation in the Beta Testing Group is voluntary. Members can opt in and opt out of Beta Testing Group at anytime.
- Participation in each Test Case is by invitation.
- A member may not be invited to participate in a Test Case if they have a pending trouble ticket or service issue that will taint the interpretation of testing results.
- Members can opt in or opt of each Test Case they're invited to.
- Members will generally participate in one Test Case at a time
- NCF will not provide direct monetary compensation for testing (e.g. Compensation for time or expertise)
- NCF may however pass on incentives for testing hardware and services when available.
- Members can abandon testing if service disruptions occur and contact the Help Desk for help troubleshooting their service issue.
- A member may request to join the Beta Testing Group by emailing email@example.com.
- Most communication with Beta testers will be by email.
- Beta Testers who pass Test Case suitability screening will be sent an invitation to join a Test Case.
- The Test Case invitation will include a Test Case Plan to members with the following details:
- Opt In Period: adequate notice to opt into a Test Case.
- Goals: defining what is being tested and why.
- Requirements Clear directions on what's need from Beta Testers during the Testing period.
- Schedule of Testing Activities
- Test Constraints Specify if testers are allow to Tinker with test elements and if so when. E.g. for the first 24 hours please make no changes to the modem so we can measure line performance.
- Escape Plan Describe clearly what can go wrong during testings and what testers should do if things seem to go wrong (before contacting Help Desk).
- Feedback Survey for testers.
- Report Provide a summary to testers on what was discovered or determined during testing.
- The Test Case is closed by returning testers accounts to a normal state including but not limited to the return of testing equipment.
Service Disruptions during Testing
- Answer simple Beta testing questions and update member specific tickets
- Troubleshoot any service issues as normal and track normally. E.g. DSL No Sync issues that come up will be ticketed and tracked as a DSL No Sync issue.
- Refer any specific Beta testing issues and concerns that you cannot address to the Service Operations Manager or Service Development Manager (depending on who has been running a particular Test Case)
- Hardware - modems, routers and accessories
- Products and Services