Bell Home Hub 1000 Configuration
The Bell Home Hub 1000 or Sagemcom FAST4350 is an ADSL/VDSL modem. As of 2017-05-05, the modem supports all of the DSL speeds available from NCF (i.e. from 6-0.8 to 50-10).
It may be easier to configure the modem if it is started on ADSL first.
Factory Reset and Logging in
- 1. Connect the modem to ADSL and via Ehternet to the computer, and do a factory reset (hold the reset button down for 15 to 30 seconds). Wait for the WAN light
After a factory reset,
- Configuration server username is "Administrator"
- Configuration server password is "admin"
- Gateway and configuration server are 192.168.2.1
- The firewall is enabled and properly configured
- The modem will connect to ADSL or VDSL
- The modem is not configured to authenticate for an NCF Internet connection
- Wi-Fi is enabled with a default configuration that must be changed
- WPS is enabled
- 2. Enter [192.168.2.1] into the address bar of your browser
Changing Internet/PPPoE Login Settings
Immediately after any successful login, the modem configuration server will ask if you want to use password recovery. Choose "No" because the Bell password recovery would only work for a Bell DSL customer.
- 3. If you see a "Home" button on the right near the top of the page, click on the button, because configuration must begin at the home page. At the top of the home page, right side, there will be "Basic view" and "Advanced view". Choose the "Advanced view".
- 4. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Modem Settings" button. At the top of the next page, near the left side, will be a "Fibe Internet" icon with a round icon below. The icon is red if there is no authenticated internet connection and green if there is an authenticated connection via DSL. Click on the icon to check the login ID or to change the login ID and the login password to your NCF DSL (or PPPoE) username and password.
Changing WiFi Settings
- 5. After getting a successful internet authentication, go back to the home page and click on the "WiFi settings" button above the "Modem settings" button. On the lower left of the next page will be a menu. Click on "Primary" to set the WiFi SSID and the WiFi password. Click on "WPS" to disable WPS,
At this point, the modem will be ready for test on ADSL/VDSL (whatever connection you have).
Change the Administrative Password
- 6. Return to the Home page and click on the Modem Settings link at the bottom of the page and enter the default password "admin" when prompted.
- 7. Click Change under the Password section of the Administrator Settings
- 8. Enter the Current Password admin, the new password and confirm the new password and select Save
- NCF recommends using your DSL password as administrative password for your modem. If you choose to use something else, please make a note of it so your can remember it.
Testing on alternate DSL connection
This is usually only available or necessary the NCF office as many members only have on DSL connection at their premise.
After testing on ADSL, disconnect and unplug the modem, and then reconnect it with VDSL. The modem will probably assign a different IP address to the computer so, at the computer, you should disconnect and then reconnect the modem interface. You may also have to re-enter the DSL login password, but the DSL login ID will already be present.
At this point, the modem will be ready for test on VDSL.