The Hitron CODA-4680 available from NCF has been certified by the following cable network vendors for operation on their cable network infrastructure: Rogers
Current certified firmware on the Rogers cable network is: 188.8.131.52.2b9
Accessing the Hitron CODA-4680
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and WiFi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem, so another device is required to provide Wi-Fi. Recommended for advanced members using a separate router.
The SmartRG SR516ac modem router supports both ADSL and VDSL, and switches automatically to match the line it is connected to.
Before you start configuring the modem:
- Firmware Check: Check that your firmware is up to date or update to the recommended version. If you have a different firmware version, the screenshots and instructions might not match exactly. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Factory Settings: If you pick up a modem from the NCF office, it should already be configured for your account. These instructions are for configuring the modem from elsewhere or after it is been reset to factory settings. If the modem is not new, we recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button with a paper clip for about 10 seconds.
- We recommend these settings for most NCF members. To learn more about what the settings do and more advanced settings, consult the manual.
- Ethernet Connection: Consult the About your SmartRG SR516ac modem instruction sheet to learn how to connect the modem. We recommend configuring the modem using a computer connected by an ethernet cable, as opposed to over a wireless connection.
If you pick up a modem from the NCF office, it should already be configured for your account. You can follow our instructions to configure the modem yourself, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to bring your modem to our office to be configured.