The Hitron CODA-4680 available from NCF has been certified by the following cable network vendors for operation on their cable network infrastructure:
- Rogers (Ontario)
NCF cannot provide firmware to members.
Cable network operators control what cable modems and firmware versions can be used on their networks. Operators run all cable devices and firmware versions through their own testing process, after which the device and firmware are certified for use on the cable network. After the testing and approval process of a new version of firmware for a cable device, cable network operators may then automatically upgrade all cable modems connected on their network with the latest certified firmware.
The current certified firmware version for the Hitron CODA-4680 on the Rogers cable network is 18.104.22.168.2b9
Accessing the Hitron CODA-4680
To access the
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and WiFi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem, so another device is required to provide Wi-Fi. Recommended for advanced members using a separate router.
The SmartRG SR516ac modem router supports both ADSL and VDSL, and switches automatically to match the line it is connected to.
Before you start configuring the modem:
- Firmware Check: Check that your firmware is up to date or update to the recommended version. If you have a different firmware version, the screenshots and instructions might not match exactly. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Factory Settings: If you pick up a modem from the NCF office, it should already be configured for your account. These instructions are for configuring the modem from elsewhere or after it is been reset to factory settings. If the modem is not new, we recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button with a paper clip for about 10 seconds.
- We recommend these settings for most NCF members. To learn more about what the settings do and more advanced settings, consult the manual.
- Ethernet Connection: Consult the About your SmartRG SR516ac modem instruction sheet to learn how to connect the modem. We recommend configuring the modem using a computer connected by an ethernet cable, as opposed to over a wireless connection.