The Hitron CODA-4680 available from NCF has been certified by the following cable network vendors for operation on their infrastructure:
- Rogers (Ontario)
Current Rogers-certified firmware version: 126.96.36.199.2b9 (on Rogers cable network)
Cable network operators control what cable modems and firmware versions can be used on their networks. Operators run all cable devices and firmware versions through their own testing process, after which the device and firmware are certified for use on the cable network. After the testing and approval process of a new version of firmware for a cable device, cable network operators may then automatically upgrade all cable modems connected on their network with the latest certified firmware.
NCF does not have firmware that it can provide to members.
Accessing the Hitron CODA-4680
To access the Hitron CODA-4680 configuration:
1. Ensure you have completed the Quick Setup steps for the modem. 2. Connect a device to the modem by plugging an ethernet cable from the device into one of the LAN ports on the back of the modem, or by connecting to its Wi-Fi 3. Open a web browser on the connected device 4. Enter 192.168.0.1 (the modem's IP address) in your web browser's URL bar. 5. At the Login screen, enter the following for the Username and Password: Username: cusadmin Password: <same as the password you configured for your Wi-Fi network when you completed the Quick Setup> 6. Select Login.
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and WiFi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem, so a separate router is required to provide Wi-Fi.
When you reset the CODA-4680 to its factory defaults, all user-configured settings are lost, and the modem is returned to its initial configuration state.
To factory reset the CODA-4680:
- Using a pin or pencil tip, press and hold the RESET button at the back of the modem for a minimum of 10 seconds, or
- Login to the CODA-4680 Configuration, to the Admin Admin > Device Reset screen and select Factory Reset.
The SmartRG SR516ac modem router supports both ADSL and VDSL, and switches automatically to match the line it is connected to.
Before you start configuring the modem:
- Firmware Check: Check that your firmware is up to date or update to the recommended version. If you have a different firmware version, the screenshots and instructions might not match exactly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- Factory Settings: If you pick up a modem from the NCF office, it should already be configured for your account. These instructions are for configuring the modem from elsewhere or after it is been reset to factory settings. If the modem is not new, we recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button with a paper clip for about 10 seconds.
- We recommend these settings for most NCF members. To learn more about what the settings do and more advanced settings, consult the manual.
- Ethernet Connection: Consult the About your SmartRG SR516ac modem instruction sheet to learn how to connect the modem. We recommend configuring the modem using a computer connected by an ethernet cable, as opposed to over a wireless connection.