The Hitron CODA-4680 available from NCF has been certified by the following cable network vendors for operation on their infrastructure:
- Rogers (Ontario)
Current certified firmware version: 126.96.36.199.2b9 (on Rogers cable network)
Cable network operators control what cable modems and firmware versions can be used on their networks. Operators run all cable devices and firmware versions through their own testing process, after which the device and firmware are certified for use on the cable network. After the testing and approval process of a new version of firmware for a cable device, cable network operators may then automatically upgrade all cable modems connected on their network with the latest certified firmware.
NCF does not have access to firmware that it can provide to members.
Accessing the Hitron CODA-4680
You must complete the Quick Setup for the Hitron CODA-4680 before you can access its Configuration. If you have not completed the Quick Setup, you will be directed to it when attempting the follow the steps below.
To access the Hitron CODA-4680 Configuration:
- Ensure you have successfully completed the Quick Setup steps for the modem.
- Connect a device to the modem by plugging an ethernet cable from your device into one of the LAN ports on the back of the modem, or by connecting your device to the modem over Wi-Fi.
- Open up a web browser on your connected device.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 in your web browser's URL bar.
- A Login screen for the Hitron CODA-4680 will appear. Enter the following:
- Username: cusadmin
- Password: <the Wi-Fi network password that you configured in the Quick Setup>
- Select Login.
- Factory Settings: If you pick up a modem from the NCF office, it should already be configured for your account. These instructions are for configuring the modem from elsewhere or after it is been reset to factory settings. If the modem is not new, we recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button with a paper clip for about 10 seconds.
- We recommend these settings for most NCF members. To learn more about what the settings do and more advanced settings, consult the manual.
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and WiFi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem, so a separate router is required to provide Wi-Fi.
When you reset the CODA-4680 to its factory default settings, all user-configured settings are lost, and the modem is returned to its initial configuration state.
To factory reset the CODA-4680:
- Using a pin or pencil tip, press and hold the RESET button at the back of the modem for 10 seconds, or
- Login to the CODA-4680 Configuration. Under Admin, choose Device Reset tab, and select the Factory Reset button.
The CODA-4680 will turn off and on again, and load with its factory default settings.
The SmartRG SR516ac modem router supports both ADSL and VDSL, and switches automatically to match the line it is connected to.