SmartRG SR506n Firmware
Recommended Firmware Version: 184.108.40.206
Note: We do not supply Smart RG firmware updates to non-NCF members!
SmartRG firmware update/s available to NCF members only. Firmware update/s has been validated and tested against a custom configuration for NCF DSL members.
Non-NCF requests will be disregarded.
- We recommend that you only do firmware updates over an Ethernet connection and NOT via Wi-Fi.
- DO NOT power off the modem during a firmware update, as this will cause your modem become unresponsive (stuck in brick/recovery mode).SmartRG SR506n
Sold from Aug 2018
To request a copy of this firmware email email@example.com. To install this new firmware onto your modem perform the following steps:
- Download the firmware file and save it to a location on your computer that you can find easily.
- Open a web browser and go to the address http://192.168.1.1
- Select Manage Gateway (Advanced) and log in (by default the username is admin and password admin if on factory setting or your dsl password)
- Click on Management → Update Software
- Click on Browse
- Upload the firmware file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Click Update Software
Note: the modem will reboot once the new firmware has been uploaded. This process may take up to 15 minutes to resync (DSL light returns to solid green) and reconnect (the internet light starts blinking again).