Difference between revisions of "SmartRG SR516ac"
Revision as of 15:04, 12 February 2019
Sold from June 2019
Recommended Firmware Version: 184.108.40.206
The SmartRG SR516ac modem router supports both ADSL and VDSL, and switches automatically to match the line it is connected to.
- Note: Fees for changing plans apply, see our DSL Rates.
Before you start configuring the modem:
- Firmware Check: Check that your firmware is up to date or update to the recommended version. If you have a different firmware version, the screenshots and instructions might not match exactly. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Factory Settings: The instructions are for configuring the modem new out of the box or after it is been reset to factory settings. If the modem is not new, we recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button with a paper clip for about 10 seconds.
- We recommend these settings for most NCF members. To learn more about what the settings do and more advanced settings, consult the manual.
- Ethernet Connection: Consult the modem instruction sheet to learn how to connect the modem. We recommend configuring the modem using a computer connected by an ethernet cable, as opposed to over a wireless connection.
Before the modem will connect to the Internet, it needs to be configured with your NCF account information. You can follow our instructions to configure the modem yourself, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to bring your modem to our office to be configured.
If you have access to email, we can send you a file to automatically configure the modem with your NCF account and our recommended settings, which is much easier than going through all the steps manually. You can request a config file from email@example.com then follow our instructions to configure your modem with a config file.
Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below to configure the modem without a config file.
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and WiFi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem, so another device is required to make the PPPoE connection. Recommended for advanced members using a separate router.