Changing WiFi Channels on SmartRG modems
|Summary of Configuration Information and Changes|
|Modem Login Page:
Modem Administrator User Name:
Modem Administrator Password:
DSL password (Default is password, if you reset modem)
|Where to go in Menu:||Wireless→Advanced or
Wireless→2.4 GHz band→ Advanced
3. Click on the Manage Gateway(Advanced)” Log in to the Administrative Account:
- Username: admin
- Password: Your DSL password (Default is password, if you reset modem)
4. From the Device Info page, navigate to Wireless menu option on the left.
5. Click on the Advanced submenu link on the left hand side, under the Wireless Menu (or under Wireless → 2.4 GHz Band Menu)
6. On the Wireless-- Advanced settings page, make the following changes:
- Channel: Change from Auto to channel with the least interference as determined by your wireless interference tests. Try 3,4, 8 or 9
7. Click Apply/Save at the bottom of the page.
- Wireless channels shouldn't have to be changed often (more than once every 6-12 months). If you find yourself making these changes too frequently, you may have to invest in a mid to high end router with additional channels on the 5Ghz frequency. Contact email@example.com for recommendations if needed.
- Modem Configuration - for a complete list of instructions for all NCF modems
- About SmartRG modem lights
- Dynamic DNS
- Wireless Spectrum Conundrum Basic Wireless Spectrum Information, by Lou Frenzel, Electronic Design
- 4 Reasons Why Your Wi-Fi Is So Slow (And How to Fix Them) by James Frew, Make Use Of
- How to Stay Safe When Using Public Wi-Fi, by Steve Sande, Rocketyard
- How easy is it to capture data on public free Wi-Fi? by Gary Sims, Android Authority