Changing WiFi Channels on SpeedTouch ST585
|Summary of Configuration Information and Changes|
|Modem Login Page:
Modem Administrator User Name:
Modem Administrator Password:
DSL password (Default is password, if you reset modem)
|Where to go in Menu:||Wireless→Advanced|
1. Navigate to 192.168.1.254 and type in the username Administrator and the password that was given to you.
2. Click on Home Network on the left-hand side.
3. From the Home Network page, click on your WiFi network name like WLAN: NCF_XXXX.
5. From the Wireless Access Point page, click on Configure at the top right corner.
6. From the Wireless Access Point Configuration page, change the Interface Type from 802.11b/g to 802.11g and Channel Selection from Automatic to Manual
7. The Channel option should now turn into a dropdown. Select the channel with the least interference as determined by your wireless interference tests. Try 3,4, 8 or 9.
8. Ensure the encryption is set to WPA - PSK Encryption and select Apply at the bottom right.
- Wireless channels shouldn't have to be changed often (more than once every 6-12 months). If you find yourself making these changes too frequently, you may have to invest in a mid to high end router with additional channels on the 5Ghz frequency. Contact email@example.com for recommendations if needed.
- Modem Configuration - for a complete list of instructions for all NCF modems
- SpeedTouch Configuration
- About SpeedTouch modem lights
- Thomson Modem Manuals - For modem manuals including firmware and emulators for Thomson and SpeedTouch gateways
- Wireless Spectrum Conundrum Basic Wireless Spectrum Information, by Lou Frenzel, Electronic Design
- 4 Reasons Why Your Wi-Fi Is So Slow (And How to Fix Them) by James Frew, Make Use Of
- How to Stay Safe When Using Public Wi-Fi, by Steve Sande, Rocketyard
- How easy is it to capture data on public free Wi-Fi? by Gary Sims, Android Authority