DLink Router Configuration
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page outlines how to set up a DLink router to work with a DSL modem in Bridge Mode.
How to configure a DLink Router
Look at the bottom of the DLink router to see if there is information about the configuration page address. The model used for this help page is a DLink EBR-2310, but many others have a similar interface.
- When you have logged in (the example router has a user ID of "admin" and no password), then under "Setup" at the top, and "Internet" at the left, select "Manual Internet Connection Setup."
- On the next screen look for the "Internet Connection Type" and choose the "My Internet Connection is:" pull-down menu to select "PPPoE(Username/Password)"
- Once you've selected that you will see the "PPPOE INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE:" box is added lower down on that page and select the following settings:
- Address Mode: "Dynamic IP"
- User Name: Use your NCF id here, in the form of your email address - like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password and Verify Password - use your DSL password - which is 12 characters long
- The rest of the settings can be left as is.
- When you've entered those items, select the "Save Settings" button up near the top of the screen.