Difference between revisions of "Modem Web Interface"
(copy edit, wikilinking)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 21:51, 20 July 2018
DSL modems contain a computer comparable to a desktop or laptop computer running a Linux operating system. For the purposes of configuring it, there are several ways to communicate with that computer, but the easiest way is to use a web browser.
Open a web browser on any computer connected by ethernet or wireless to your DSL modem. Type in the address bar of your browser:
- http://dsldevice.lan or http://192.168.1.254 (SpeedTouch)
- http://192.168.1.1 (TP-Link and SmartRG)
- http://192.168.2.1 (Sagemcom)
and press Enter. This is address of your DSL modem, and it will load its interface, which looks and acts like a web page.
If you are prompted for a Username and Password, enter:
- "Administrator" (SpeedTouch 585 and 516v6)
- "ncfdsl" (SpeedTouch 516v5)
- "admin" (TP-Link, Sagemcom and SmartRG)
- Password: (enter here the password provided to you by NCF for your modem)
If the modem was pre-configured by NCF, the password is provided to you on a sheet of paper with your modem package; it is not the same as your NCF StartPage password. If your modem was reset to factory defaults then for a Speedtouch it will not require a password to log in. For TP-Link, Sagemcom and SmartRG modems the default password is admin.