The SmartRG SR808ac available from NCF has been certified by the following cable network vendors for operation on their infrastructure:
- Cogeco (Ontario and Quebec)
Current certified firmware version: 188.8.131.52 (on the Cogeco cable networks)
Cable network operators control what cable modems and firmware versions can be used on their networks. Operators run all cable devices and firmware versions through their own testing process, after which the device and firmware are certified for use on the cable network. After the testing and approval process of a new version of firmware for a cable device, cable network operators may then automatically upgrade all cable modems connected on their network with the latest certified firmware.
NCF does not have access to firmware that it can provide to members.
Accessing the Configuration
To access the SmartRG SR808ac Configuration:
- Connect a device to the modem by plugging an ethernet cable from your device into one of the LAN ports on the back of the modem, or by connecting your device to the modem over Wi-Fi.
- Open up a web browser on your connected device.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 in your web browser's URL bar.
- A login window for the SmartRG SR808ac will appear. The default username and password are case-sensitive, and are:
- Username: admin
- Password: <unique for each modem and is located on the bottom of the modem>
- Select Login.
Modes of Operation
- Routed - Functions as both a modem and Wi-Fi router, which is recommended for most members. Another router can be added to extend the network, but each network must use a different subnet.
- Bridge - (Advanced) Functions only as a modem. A separate router is required to provide Wi-Fi.
When you reset the SmartRG SR808ac to its factory default settings, all user-configured settings are lost, and the modem is returned to its initial configuration state.
To factory reset the SmartRG SR808ac:
- Using a pin or pencil tip, press and hold the recessed RESET button at the back of the modem at least 1 second.
The SmartRG SR808ac will turn off and on again, and load with its factory default settings.
The operational status of the SmartRG SR808ac is indicated by lights (LEDs). These LEDs indicate power, downstream connection (DS), upstream connection (US), internet connectivity (Online) Wi-Fi availability (2.4GHz and 5GHz), and active Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Information is communicated by the light colour (white or blue) and state (solid, off, or flashing).
Here's a summary of how to read the lights on the SmartRG SR808ac: